IRVING, Texas – (BUSINESS WIRE) The debut of the Uniden MHS335BT VHF marine radio is creating a new wave in safety communication options at sea with the availability of private text messaging capability, a first for the maritime industry. The 6 watt, Class D, floating, handheld VHF with Bluetooth® marine radio is the latest in the Uniden Marine Division’s lineup of radios with the most advanced features and solid performance for enhanced peace of mind on the water.
Operators of the new MHS335BT marine radio will be able to use a smartphone (AndroidTM and iOS®) to text message other VHF radios and to update radio firmware. Leveraging the VHF band, the private text messaging capability of the MHS335BT functions even when no cellular coverage is available.
“With more than five decades dedicated to the pursuit of innovation across multiple product categories, Uniden is pleased to once again demonstrate our essential role in leading the market to enrich the way people live on land or sea in an ever-changing world,” said Mark Pagnotta, president of Uniden. A sampling of features of the advanced Uniden MHS335BT model includes:
- Full Class D DSC – meets ITU-R M.493-13, 14, IEC 62238
- Largest screen in class (as researched by Uniden)
- Text directly from your phone to other VHF radios, a maritime industry first
- FREE Uniden Marine smartphone application
- Bluetooth® wireless links your phone and radio for messaging
- Integrated GPS receiver – WASS, SBAS, QZSS for accuracy
- IPX8 submersible, floating radio
- Auto plot to distress call – built-in compass screen